(UPDATED 2:45 AM 11/27)
It has come to our attention through a user from n4g.com, that a cached version of this page was released by mistake that was not completed in the proper manner that gave credit to the original source, and had a spelling error for the word collection. The cached version of the piece did not have any credit URL which linked back to the original blog post from Halo Waypoint. This has been corrected and now clearly states that this information came from the Halo Waypoint blog.
The newest Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch has hit, and it aims to fix a lot of the issues that have plagued the game since it launched a few weeks ago. Weighing in at just over 500 megs, this patch plans to improve the matchmaking, UI, and other things that have been not performing well. Here is the full list of details from Halo Waypoint.
- Made improvements to the way the matchmaking system handles player matching
- Made improvements to the team selection process to improve team balancing
- Made an update to the party system to improve searching with parties (2+ players)
- Made further improvements to how matchmaking progress is communicated to the player
- Made an update to ensure that players do not enter a non-joinable state after searching for a match
- Made an update to ensure that the “Game Session” UI does not persist after leaving a matchmaking lobby
- Resolved a variety of incorrectly displayed matchmaking prompts
- Improved matchmaking roster presentation during team creation phase to remove roster flickering
- Corrected a “connecting to host” message that incorrectly displayed during the matchmaking searching phase
- Made an update to ensure that FFA players do not appear as if they are on the red team in the pre-game lobby
Party, Lobby, and Custom Games
- Made an update to ensure that custom game settings persist between matches
- Made an update to ensure that player’s player emblems load correctly when returning to lobby
- Made an update to improve nameplate and emblem display
- Improved the display of emblems in the “Games Session Details” screen
- Made improvements to parties to ensure that parties are merged when the host joins another player and “brings party”
- Made an update to improve party stability after completing a matchmaking game
- Made an update to ensure that players are joinable after playing a matchmaking game
- Made a variety of updates to improve UI stability
- Resolved stability issues that occurred while viewing medals in “Player Details”
- Made an update to prevent stability issues caused by controller disconnects
- Made an update to improve post-game-carnage-report stability
- Made an update to address in-game stability for Halo 2
- Improved matchmaking stability while searching with parties (2+ players)
- Addressed a crash that could occur after searching in the Halo 2: Anniversary Rumble playlist
- Resolved a variety of miscellaneous stability issues to improve overall performance
- Made an update to ensure that the “Zealot” achievement is unlockable
As mentioned earlier this week, we have additional updates on the way in an effort to further improve your experience with Halo: The Master Chief Collection. We thank you for your continued feedback, patience, and support.
Contrary to some rumors, Xbox One Games with Gold titles can be played if you take your console offline.
There was a story earlier today that claimed that when Microsoft introduced Games with Gold for Xbox One, that titles that were downloaded would not be available to play once the console went off line. Well after Microsoft started the roll out of Halo: Spartan Assault and Max and The Curse of Brotherhood for Games with Gold on Xbox One, I downloaded the two titles, killed my Internet connection and fired up the game. No issues at all. I am not sure why or how that rumor got started, but I can confirm it is 100% false.
Keep in mind, this does not mean you can let your Xbox Gold Subscription expire and keep the games. You will still need a valid Xbox Gold membership to keep playing any game that is offered in the Games with Gold promotion on Xbox One. Xbox 360 Games with Gold will be keeping the old format which allows users to keep their downloaded games if their Xbox Gold Membership expires.
Tumblestone is the next addicting title from creator of The Bridge, Ty Talor.
The creator of the award winning title The Bridge, Ty Taylor, is bringing his next title Tumblestone to Steam this fall. Tumblestone is a very different title compared to The Bridge, which focused on rotating the world to solve puzzles. This time around, Taylor is going for a casual arcade experience with addicting gameplay focused on competitive multiplayer battles. At first glance of the screenshots, it may just look like another match 3 stack em style puzzle title, but that is not the vision the creators have in mind. Tumblestone looks to be a game that will have friends yelling at each other over close battles that will go down to the last second, while throwing blocks to their right causing panic sweaty palms Check out the trailer to see the game in action.
Remember all of the rumors that Bethesda and ID Software were working on a new Doom game? Well it seemed that Doom 4, or whatever the game ends up being called, is finally going to be unveiled sometime soon.
Wolfenstein: The New Order will be hitting store shelves on May 20th, and if you purchase the title new with a pre order, you will get access to what is simply known at this time as The Doom Beta. Nothing further has been unveiled about Doom or Doom 4, But obviously development is very far along if they are going to be having a beta sometime in the near future. Hopefully the beta will make 2014. I have reached out to Bethesda and asked when gamers can expect to hear more about this new Doom title, but have yet to hear back.
ATLUS sure does love teasers, huh? The teaser site p-ch.jp has been around for about a month, counting down to November 24th 2013. The site as is is nothing much: A few white boxes on a red background along with the reveal date and several cities in Japan. Curiously, if you click on the boxes an image of Teddie from Persona 4 will pop up with a few different expressions. On top of that, it looks as though there is a link that leads to a livestream for the reveal on Nico Nico. What could the countdown be leading to? My hopes, along with the rest of Persona fans across the globe, is Persona 5. Rumors have pointed out that it could be a direct sequel/continuation of Persona 4, a console version of Persona 4: The Golden, or even a concert tour. Whatever it is, I can “bearly” wait for Sunday to get here.
Calling all gamers! For the Love of Gaming is going to be participating in this years Extra Life Gaming for Charity Event! Sego, Garrett, and Cory will all be streaming content on November 2nd to try and hit their donation goals. Sego will be streaming on his own channel for 25 hours straight, with a goal of $100. Cory will be streaming for 25 hours as well, and will be going for $300. Garrett is going to be streaming as much as he can, and will be trying to reach $100.
Cory will be streaming on the main For the Love of Gaming Twitch Page, which can be found by clicking here!
Garrett will be on the Team 4LOG page Twitch Page, which can be found by clicking here!
Sego will be on his Twitch Page, which can be found by clicking here!
All donations will be going to the Riley Children Hospital, located in Indianapolis Indiana. Every dollar helps! We hope you can make a donation, and please come to our twitch pages and just hang out with us. Some of the games we plan on playing include ; Diablo 3, Mega Man series, Mega Man X series, Super Mario World, Alan Wake, Halo 3, Hearthstone, Batman: Arkharm Origins, and whatever else you people want to see!
Thank you in advanced to anyone who is kind enough to make a donation! GAME ON!